By: Kaley Campbell, WPICC and WPIC Office Manager
Find the Marketer in YOU!
Overlooked Marketing Tips Boost Your Company’s’ Presence Online and Offline
- Only write content that serves a purpose. While writing a blog, social media post, posting photos, updating your website, make sure the information is directly providing a service to potential clientele. Whether it is posting information for the purpose of reflection, education, entertainment, to showcase talent, even just to start a conversation; make sure you are posting for a reason. Pointless posts with no follow ups go nowhere and are easily skipped over. Post what you would be interesting in seeing.
- Switch it up. If your social media plan has you posting tips and business information, ALL the time, lighten it up with photos or videos. Repost things you find interesting and that still are relative. Choose posts that show you have a personality as well, and this will make you more relatable.
- Industry partnerships. This is HUGE in the Wedding Professional World. The more your work is showcased; the better chances your work will be exposed to your target market. Connect with businesses that are in your field and compliment your business, and see if they do any featuring on their social media or website. A lot of companies use outside materials for blogs, shoots, or inspiration, and this is a fantastic way to be showcased.
- Apply for business awards in your field. There are TONS of business related awards awarded every year in every sort of industry, APPLY, APPLY, And APPLY! These awards will allow you to be on that company’s registry, and it makes your company look even better. Some clientele focus solely on credentials, and this is a way to stay on top of the game.
- Charity donations. This is one that I would consider a win-win situation. Donate your time, service, or products to a local charity event. Not only will your company be shown in the best light, you get exposure to a wide variety of people in your area.
- Most small businesses survive off of word of mouth alone. Boost this. You’re putting your time and effort into making your clientele’s wedding a success, gaining their trust, and creating the most magical day possible. Capture everything and ask for feedback. Use testimonials to your advantage. Also, create a referral plan where friends and family of previous clientele can have a discount on your services.
- Don’t overlook the power of a well-made business card. You are professional creators of stunning events; don’t lead your business off on the wrong foot by releasing material that doesn’t reflect your talent or creativity. Also, make sure that your branding and style mirrors your company. Misrepresentation is all it takes to lose clients.
- Set aside a set amount of time every day on all social media platforms just to “like”, “retweet”, “comment” and “follow”. This is the time to get conversations going online, not to sell your service. This is the time to show that you are dedicated and active online and are interested in people for more than just business purposes.
- Be seen at the “must attend” events. Showing that you are an active business professional at different seminars and functions will really make your business stand out. Don’t over-look the power of networking. You never know what will come from just basic conversations, and treat everyone like you would a high profile client.