A “Must Do” Before Your Clients Say “I Do”
As wedding planners, our goal is to ensure our clients’ wedding is a milestone that will be filled with cherished memories of their “ever after.” One way we can do that is to encourage them to protect the true symbols of their love – their engagement and wedding rings – with a separate jewelry insurance policy. By mentioning Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company and its Perfect Circle® Jewelry Insurance coverage,you can help your clients live worry-free knowing their special moments and memories are being protected by the established experts in jewelry insurance since 1913.
Many people may have a standard jewelry rider on their homeowners or renters insurance, but the worldwide, comprehensive coverage* from Jewelers Mutual covers damage, loss, mysterious disappearance (unexplained loss) and even loose stones while they are being set by your jeweler, where other carriers can fall short. In fact, Glamour Weddings recently endorsed jewelry insurance as one of the three most important things to do to avoid major wedding mistakes.
Your clients will be surprised at how affordable jewelry insurance can be.
Rates depend on where you live. But for most people, purchasing jewelry insurance coverage from Jewelers Mutual will cost 1-2% of the value of the jewelry. For example, if your client has a $5,000 engagement ring, it could cost as little as $50 a year to protect.
In addition to worldwide, comprehensive coverage, benefits of a Jewelers Mutual policy include:
- Same Kind and Quality: Repaired or replaced jewelry will be virtually indistinguishable from the original, especially important with name-brand jewelry.
- Use Your Preferred Jeweler: No need for multiple estimates from various jewelers.
- No Deductible Required: And no limits on the value of coverage. A minimum annual policy premium is $25.
- Automatic Coverage: Customers with an existing policy from Jewelers Mutual enjoy up to 30 days of automatic coverage (subject to a limit of up to $10,000) on any newly acquired jewelry items.
- Exceptional Customer Service: From applying for a quote to the actual replacement and repair, Jewelers Mutual is known for putting the customer first.
What’s more, we’ve all heard stories of clients losing their rings on their honeymoon, so take the opportunity to educate them on the importance of properly protecting their rings BEFORE they take off. And while doing so, you can share these tips to help your clients keep their jewelry safe and sound while traveling:
- Choose wisely. Pack light and take only the jewelry you’ll wear while traveling and at your destination. The 4-carat diamond ring you save for special occasions? Probably not. The pearls that go with everything? Definitely.
- Make a list. List all the jewelry you’ll take with you. Keep one copy with you and store it separately from your jewelry. Leave another copy at home. Also take pictures or a video of your jewelry.
- Carry it on. Never put jewelry in checked baggage. Instead, wear it or stow it in your carryon bag. If you wear it, take extra care by slipping a pendant inside a sweater or turning your ring so only the band shows.
- Keep it with you. Put your jewelry in a favorite bag you’ll carry while traveling. Don’t leave your jewelry in an unattended car or suitcase. When checking into your hotel or condo, don’t hand your jewelry bag to hotel staff. Carry it personally.
- Use the safe. Always store jewelry in the in-room safe when you’re not wearing it
Connect with Jewelers Mutual:
- Visit ProtectYourRing.com to read more about the benefits of a separate jewelry insurance policy. There, your clients can get a free quote and apply for a policy in less than 10 minutes.
- Email email@example.com to request collateral to share with your clients.
- Talk to us via Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter #ProtectYourRing