By: Tracey Manailescu, Kaley Campbell and input from Danielle Andrews Sunkel
WPIC Office Manager Kaley Campbell and I decided that we needed a coffee fix yesterday morning. So we bundled up because it was super duper chilly, and were all ready to go when Kaley said, “Let’s grab the WPIC sign and sneak a photo” (as she always does). Then we thought, hey let’s make it even more interesting, and bring the WPIC mugs to spice it up a bit, LOL! So that is what we did.
We were able to snap some pretty darned cute ones, as well as facing some selfie challenges along the way. Eeek! Thank goodness a random stranger and his pal helped us out for two of the photos! So tons of spilled coffee, odd angles and weird facial expressions later, we thought we would share some of the photos with you here.
- Hold the camera just above eye level for the most flattering view.
- Have natural lighting. Outdoors is best or move by a window.
- Choose a background that won’t take the focus off of you.
- Take lots of photos so you have a variety to choose from.
- Take tons of different photos with various angles and lighting.
- Being off centre can add more interest.
- Get over the embarrassment of taking a selfie. Almost everyone does them.
- Don’t be afraid to show your personality, because you are your brand.
- The more you practice the better you will get at taking selfies (ie. Making sure props are facing the camera).
- Photos are much more human and interesting to others when you mix them up with a personal touch.